Dolly Parton has announced the first leg of her new North American tour.
With a huge career spanning multiple decades, the country music legend has sold millions of records, and gained mainstream success with popular tracks such as “Jolene”, “9 to 5” and “I Will Always Love You”.
The tour is in support of Parton’s new double disc release – “Pure & Simple” and “Dolly’s Biggest Hits”, which feature some of her greatest tunes, as well as some new tracks.
Fourteen USA tour dates have been announced so far, but more will be released soon, including her first shows in Canada for over twenty years.
The tour begins on 3rd June with a date in Greensboro, North Carolina, so far continuing until 28th June in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Revealing the tour news on Facebook, Dolly said to her fans: “I just announced the first leg of my 2016 tour! I’m so excited to bring my Pure & Simple show to you all!”
Want to see Dolly Parton on her new ‘Pure & Simple’ North American tour this summer? Check out the full list of her tour dates announced so far, below:
- 3rd June: Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC
- 4th June: Infinite Energy Center, Duluth, GA
- 7th June: Civic Center, Charleston, WV
- 8th June: Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA
- 10th June: Hard Rock, Northfield, OH
- 11th June: Horseshoe Casino, Cincinnati, OH
- 12th June: Artpark, Lewiston, NY
- 15th June: Mann Center, Philadelphia, PA
- 17th June: Tanglewood, Lenox, MA
- 18th June: Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion, Bangor, ME
- 22nd June: Mohegan Sun Arena, Wilkes Barre, PA
- 25th June: Forest Hills Stadium, Forest Hills, NY
- 26th June: PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ
- 28th June: Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA