Comedy legend Billy Connolly has announced a huge UK arena tour for later this year.
The Big Yin announced the tour last week, with fourteen dates added to his schedule for this November.
At the age of 73, the Scotsman has had a few health scares in recent years, having surgery for prostate cancer in 2013, and also being treated for the initial symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
Talking about his health, and how touring makes him feel better, Connolly said in a US interview: “It’s a miracle. I think science should study it. I’ve gone on stage sick and come off better. And then the minute it’s finished, you get sick as if your illnesses are all waiting to happen.
“The Parkinson’s just rolls along singing a song. So I keep trying to find lighter things to say about it, because they notice I’ve got it. I walk differently than I used to and I don’t move as much onstage as I used to.
“I just point out the darker side of it, like banning Jerry Lee Lewis from the house ’cause he sings ‘Whole Lotta Shakin’.”
The tour begins on 2nd November at the Barclaycard Arena in Birmingham, and continues until 29th November at Bournemouth’s BIC.
Check out the full list of his new tour dates below:
- 2nd November: Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham
- 5th November: Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
- 6th November: Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
- 8th November: Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
- 11th November: Manchester Arena, Manchester
- 13th November: Sheffield Arena, Sheffield
- 15th November: City Hall, Newcastle
- 16th November: City Hall, Newcastle
- 19th November: Echo Arena, Liverpool
- 22nd November: Brighton Centre, Brighton
- 23rd November: Brighton Centre, Brighton
- 25th November: Peterborough Arena, Peterborough
- 28th November: BIC, Bournemouth
- 29th November: BIC, Bournemouth