Garbage have announced a 2016 summer tour.
The band have announced a string of US tour dates in support of their new album “Strange Little Birds”.
The album, the band’s sixth studio album, is due for release on June 10th, prior to the beginning of their tour. They recently released the album’s first single, “Empty” on April 20th.
The band’s singer Shirley Manson described the album as a “romantic” record, later saying: “What I mean by romance, really, is vulnerability. I used to feel so scared, and I think that was why I was so aggressive — but I’m much more willing to admit weaknesses than I was before.”
The tour is due to kick off on July 6th at Summerfest in Milwaukee, Wisconson. The band will also play shows in Minnesota, Oklahoma, Ohio, Tennessee, Georgia ans many more US states.
August 3rd will be the band’s final stop, with their last show taking place in Washington, DC after their month long jaunt.
In addition to their summer tour dates, Garbage will also appear at KROQ Weenie Roast in Los Angeles on May 14th alongside a host of other artists.
Tickets for the shows go on sale this Friday (May 6th).
Check out the full list of Garbage’s 2016 tour dates below:
- July 6th — Summerfest – Milwaukee, WI
- July 7th — Skyway Theatre – Minneapolis, MN
- July 8th — SumTur Amphitheater – Omaha, NE
- July 10th — Uptown Theatre – Kansas City, MO
- July 12th — The Pageant – St. Louis, MO
- July 15th — Egyptian Room – Indianapolis, IN
- July 16th — The Fillmore – Detroit, MI
- July 17th — PromoWest Fest – Columbus, OH
- July 19th — The Mill & Mine – Knoxville, TN
- July 20th — Ryman Auditorium – Nashville, TN
- July 22nd — The Tabernacle – Atlanta, GA
- July 23rd — Fillmore Charlotte – Charlotte, NC
- July 25th — The National – Richmond, VA
- July 27th — Starland Ballroom – Sayerville, NJ
- July 28th — House Of Blues Boston – Boston, MA
- July 30th — The Fillmore Philly – Philadelphia, PA
- July 31st — Rams Head Live! – Baltimore, MD
- August 1st — Summerstage – New York, NY
- August 3rd — The Lincoln Theater – Washington, DC