Michael Ball and Alfie Boe have announced they’re going on tour together.
Musical theatre star Michael Ball has released numerous albums, and also released a number two charting single “Love Changes Everything” from Andrew Lloyd Webber musical “Aspects of Love”.
Meanwhile, Alfie Boe has put out four top ten albums, two of which went platinum, also making appearances in numerous Broadway productions.
The pair are now teaming up to record an album, titled “Together”. Featuring classic songs and hits from Broadway shows, the album will be released on 21st October.
In support of the album, Ball and Boe have announced they’ll be touring together, on an eighteen date UK tour, which kicks off on 3rd November in Cardiff. The tour eventually comes to a climax on 3rd December in Sheffield.
Talking about their work together, Michael Ball said: “It’s been my experience that there is only one thing I enjoy more than working with someone whose talent I admire and who constantly challenges themselves to try new things and keeps getting better, therefore making me work harder and try to be better, and that is to work with someone who makes me laugh, has my back and is a real friend. With Alfie I think I’ve hit the jackpot. This is going to be such a great experience for us and hopefully the audiences….bring it on!!!”
Alfie Boe commented: “My job provides me with great opportunities and none more so as this.The chance to perform with an artist, whose work and talent I’ve admired for years, is such a great honour for me. Michael has inspired so many singers, including myself, to push themselves further in the crossover field.
“My philosophy on crossover is more about crossing over the audience than the music, and Michael proved years ago that this was possible. His mainstream appeal in contemporary, musical theatre and classical is evident in his history. A great artist, a fabulous singer, and a wonderful friend. As Michael says, Bring It on!!!”
Tickets for the tour go on sale this Friday, 20th May. You can find their full list of tour dates below:
- 3rd November: Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
- 5th November: BIC, Bournemouth
- 6th November: Mayflower, Southampton
- 8th November: Guildhall, Portsmouth
- 9th November: Pavilions, Plymouth
- 10th November: Colston Hall, Bristol
- 12th November: Palladium, London
- 15th November: Brighton Centre, Brighton
- 16th November: De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- 17th November: Echo Arena, Liverpool
- 19th November: First Direct Arena, Leeds
- 20th November: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham
- 23rd November: Opera House, Blackpool
- 25th November: O2 Apollo, Manchester
- 26th November: Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow
- 28th November: Symphony Hall, Birmingham
- 1st December: Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle
- 3rd December: City Hall, Sheffield