Rick Astley has announced a 2017 tour of the UK.
The singer has lined up a massive 17-date tour for next year, and he announced the news on Facebook earlier this week saying: “Great news! Due to popular demand I’m off on tour again! This time even bigger and better than before… Some fantastic venues I’ve always wanted to play including the famous Royal Albert Hall!
“I couldn’t do it without you my fans so a big thank you for all your support.”
The tour comes in support of his new album “50”, which is due to be released as his eighth studio album this Friday. From the album, Astley released the lead single “Keep Singing”, which was prompted by him turning 50. He said: “It was a big milestone. I got back in the studio and friends were telling me the material I was working on was pretty good. So I decided to go for it.”
The tour kicks off on 23rd March with a show at Glasgow’s Royal Concert Hall. Following this, Astley will play shows in other major UK cities including Newcastle, Sheffield, Manchester, Liverpool and London.
Birmingham’s Symphony hall will be his last stop on the tour, with a show taking place on 15th April.
Tickets for the shows go on sale this Friday (10th June) at 9:30am.
Check out the full list of Rick Astley’s 2017 UK tour dates below:
- 23rd March — Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow
- 24th March — City Hall, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- 25th March — International Centre, Harrogate
- 27th March — Guildhall, Preston
- 28th March — City Hall, Sheffield
- 30th March — Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham
- 31st March — Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
- 1st April — Empire Theatre, Liverpool
- 3rd April — De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- 4th April — Cliffs Pavilion, Southend
- 6th April — Guildhall, Portsmouth
- 7th April — International Centre, Bournemouth
- 8th April — G Live, Guildford
- 10th April — Colston Hall, Bristol
- 11th April — Dome, Brighton
- 13th April — Royal Albert Hall, London
- 15th April — Symphony Hall, Birmingham