Simply Red have announced a huge tour of the UK.
In celebration of the 25th anniversary of their fourth album “Stars”, released on 30th September 1991, the band will be embarking on a nine-date UK arena tour later this year.
The album topped the UK albums chart, and was the UK’s best selling album in 1991 and 1992, also being shortlisted for a Mercury Prize.
Announcing the news of the tour on Facebook, the band said: “We are thrilled to announce that Simply Red will be taking ‘Stars’ on the road this November, celebrating the album’s 25th Anniversary. The first half of these special shows will feature the entire “Stars” album in its original running order while the second half will feature hits and classic Simply Red songs.”
The tour will kick off on 13th November with a show in Liverpool, followed by shows in Aberdeen, Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham.
The band will also play shows in Newcastle and Nottingham, before two shows in London on 25th & 27th November to bring their tour dates to an end.
In regards to any further shows being added to the line-up, the band say: “Please note that we hope to announce a show in Dublin very soon, but we can 100% confirm that the Stars 25th Anniversary tour will not extend outside of the UK and Eire, so we look forward to welcoming fans from overseas to these dates.”
Tickets for the shows go on sale this Wednesday (8th June).
Check out the full list of Simply Red’s UK tour dates below:
- 13th November — Liverpool Arena, Liverpool
- 15th November — AECC, Aberdeen
- 16th November — SSE Hydro, Glasgow
- 18th November — Manchester Arena, Manchester
- 20th November — Genting Arena, Birmingham
- 22nd November — Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- 23rd November — Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
- 25th November — SSE Arena Wembley, London
- 27th November — O2 Arena, London