Tame Impala have announced a string of new tour dates.
The band will be heading out on a tour of North America this summer, with their first show taking place on June 9th in Chicago, Illinois.
Tame Impala will then go on to play shows in Tennessee, Ontario, Quebeck and two consecutive sold out shows in New York.
They will continue with shows in Maryland, Delaware, California and many more North American states, before their final performance in Monterrey, Mexico on September 10th.
Talking of their live shows, the band’s drummer Julien Barbagallo said: “Kevin [Parker – lead singer and songwriter] gives a few directions or ideas and the visual team translates it on stage – and there’s a lot of improv too. It’s a good way to create a perspective to the music, giving a fuller experience to the crowd. We try to take them as far into another world as we can for a few hours!”
He also added: “It is sometimes pretty hectic but I definitely feel more lucky than tired! It’s the best job in the world, I can’t complain.”
Check out the full list of Tame Impala’s 2016 North American tour dates below:
- June 9th — UIC Pavilion – Chicago, IL
- June 10th — Bonnaroo Music Festival – Manchester, TN
- June 11th — Bestival – Toronto, ON
- June 12th — Bell Centre – Montreal, QC
- June 14th-15th — BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival – Brooklyn, NY
- June 16th — Merriweather Post Pavilion – Columbia, MD
- June 17th — Firefly Music Festival – Dover, DE
- August 27th — FYF Fest – Los Angeles, CA
- August 28th — Project Pabst – Portland, OR
- August 31st — Red Rocks Amphitheatre – Morrison, CO
- September 2nd — The Greek Theatre – Berkeley, CA
- September 3rd — The Greek Theatre – Berkeley, CA
- September 4th — Bumbershoot – Seattle, WA
- September 8th — Palacio de los Deportes – Mexico City, MX
- September 10th — Auditorio Benamex – Monterrey, MX