X Factor boyband Union J have announced a new UK tour to begin in September.
Starting out as Triple J, Josh Cuthbert, JJ Hamblett and Jaymi Hensley joined forces with George Shelley in 2012 to become Union J on the ninth series of The X Factor, finishing fourth.
The group have had four UK top ten singles, and have put out two albums, but back in March announced the departure of George from their line-up.
“As we prepare to go back into the studio to work on new material, George will not be continuing on this journey with us,” the announced in a statement.
“George will now be following his own path and career no longer as part of Union J. This is a mutual decision between the four of us, and we will always remain close.”
The band have since unveiled a new member of the group, Casey Johnson from 2014 X Factor group Stereo Kicks, who released just one single before splitting up.
Casey, Josh, JJ and Jaymi are now working on new material for their upcoming third album, and have now announced their first tour with their new line-up.
The tour begins on 25th September at the O2 Academy in Newcastle, and continues until 11th October with a date in Bournemouth.
In total, fourteen dates have been announced, and tickets go on sale next week.
Check out the full list of dates below:
- 25th September: O2 Academy2, Newcastle
- 26th September: La Belle Angele, Edinburgh
- 27th September: O2 ABC2, Glasgow
- 28th September: Academy 3, Manchester
- 29th September: O2 Academy2, Sheffield
- 1st October: O2 Academy2, Liverpool
- 2nd October: O2 Academy2, Birmingham
- 3rd October: Sugarmill, Stoke
- 4th October: Komedia, Brighton
- 6th October: Hub, Plymouth
- 7th October: Thekla, Bristol
- 9th October: O2 Academy2, Oxford
- 10th October: O2 Islington, London
- 11th October: Old Fire Station, Bournemouth